Join us on the first Thursday of the month, except January, June, July, and December. We meet in the Garden Center at Zilker Botanical Gardens (2220 Barton Springs Road, Austin). Refreshments, usually a light dinner sponsored by meeting hosts, are served at 6:30pm and the meeting begins at 7:00pm. There is no fee for parking at Zilker Botanical Gardens after hours, just tell the attendant you're there for the Daylily meeting.
New members are welcome to Come to any meeting!
Please see the calendar for a list of meeting topics and guest speakers. Highlights of the year's agenda include: the annual show and sale, a summer picnic, the daylily auction, a fall plant swap, and the end of year holiday party. Members typically bring plants to share at each meetings.
info for Meeting hosts
- Hosts decide what refreshments they will bring. The first member listed (each month) coordinates plans with other hosts that month (including reminder call before the mtg.)
- Assure that cleanup has been performed before leaving.
Garden Center items available
- Coffee maker & pot
- Sweetener packets (sometimes)
- Glass dishes/cups (should be rinsed and placed in dishwasher before leaving)
- Dishwasher (should be tagged with a note to wash the next morning)
- Glass tables may be used, uncovered or covered
Host provided items
- Light dinner items, such as a casserole, salad, bread, and dessert
- Cold drink with ice (juice, water or sweet/non-sweet tea)
- Center piece or some kind of table decoration (optional)
- Paper towels for cleanup afterwards